Nokia X drop by in my workplace. And the owner of this phone forgot the password. This phone is one of the easiest phone to perform a hard reset or factory reset.
This can fix the following issue:
1. If you forgot your gmail account
2. If you forgot your pattern lock
3. If you forgot your password
4. If your phone stuck up in LOGO only, this work sometimes if the firmware is not totally damage.
5. If you the apps are force closing automatically.
Again, if you are going to hard reset / factory reset your data will be deleted. Like games, applictions, calendar sync, etc.. etc.
Here is the procedure:
1. Turn off your phone
2. Press and HOLD VOLUME UP and Power Button
3. Release the POWER button when the Nokia Logo appear, but keep on holding VOLUME UP.
4. Press the VOLUME Rocker to navigate and Power key to confirm.
5. Select wipe data / factory reset
6. Reboot your phone.
I hope this tutorial helps ;)