Im done uploading the firmware for Cherry Mobile Emerald, this is version 4.2.2 Jellybean not the Kitkat version. You can however update in Kitkat after recovering your phone. This is flashable via SP Flash Tool. You can download the SP Flash Tool in the right corner of my blog which is the tool section.
Firmware Here --> CM Emerald
VCOM Driver --> PDANET
Alternative Driver --> AutoInstaller
SPFlashTool --> SPFlashTool
"Extract the files to your desired folder"
"If the SPFlashtool did not work you can try other version of it"
You can fix the following issue with this firmware:
2. Stuck in Logo
3. Password Removal (alternative way)
4. Gmail Account Removal (alternative way)
5. Damage SystemUI
6. Forced Close Apps
First try the Alternative Driver, which is the AutoInstaller. Just open the install.bat then it will automatically install the driver. Then proceed to flashing. If it did not work then proceed with VCOM driver that you had downloaded. Then install it manually follow the guide below.
Reference Video Installing the Driver using AutoInstaller (watch it in HD)
When installing it manually your phone must be turned off, then connect it to your computer/laptop while pressing VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN. This will detect and look for the driver.
1. This is the first time that you will connect your phone and it will search for the correct driver. You can connect your phone without battery in it.
2. Check include this location ... ... and click on browse. Look for USB VCOM Driver and Click on 2K_XP_COM folder if you are using Windows XP or Win7 for Windows 7 and then press OK when you are done picking the right folder for the driver.
3. If the driver is successfully installed MediaTek DA USB VCOM will appear in the New Hardware Wizard.
Reference Video Installing the Driver (watch it in HD)
Reference Video Flashing your phone (watch it in HD)
"You can skip installing driver if you already have it"
IMPORTANT: After flashing it may ask to upgrade your touch panel, After pressing YES, DO NOT EVER TOUCH THE TOUCH PANEL, TOUCH PANEL WILL NOT WORK IF YOU PRESS THE TOUCH PANEL ACCIDENTALLY. As other tried to flash their phone and experienced this kind of problem.
1. Launch FlashTool
2. Click on Scatter-Loading, and load your scatter file. (see example below with loaded file in Flash Tool
Reference Video using Flashtool version 5.xxx (watch it in HD)
3. After you load the file, press F9 or Press Download to Flash your Phone.
4. If Download it is not possible, you can press Firmware Upgrade. If Firmware Upgrade is not possible then Press Format, make sure that you select except bootloader then press OK. Then connect your phone. Press VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN and insert your USB Cable. Formatting will be quick it will only take a second.
1. Hard Reset your Phone first via Stock Recovery.
2.Restore your IMEI in MTKDroidTools version 2.5.3. You will have this error when you format your phone in Flashtool as I had experienced. To restore download MTKDroidTools version 2.5.3 After you extract the file. Open the green robot, you must enable the usb debugging in your phone. It is usually located in Settings>Devoloper Mode then look for usb debugging. After enabling it. Connect your phone in your computer then in MTKDroidTool click on ROOT. Wait for it to finish, then Click in IMEI/NVRAM, input 15 number in each box. Then click REPLACE. Then click Reboot or you can manually turn off your phone. Then turn your phone on again. You can see that you have fully restored your IMEI.
Tested by: (see comment box)
I hope this tutorial help you. Please drop a comment if something is not clear to you.