An Alcatel Tablet came into my workplace. It is the Alcatel One Touch Tab 7 HD. A tutorial to hard reset your tablet is coming your way ;)
Hard resetting / factory resetting your phone will solve the following issues:
1. If you forgot your pattern lock
2. If you forgot your gmail account
3. If you forgot your password
4. Apps that automatically force closing
5. Stuck in Alcatel Logo (sometimes does not work if the firmware is totally damage)
NOTE: Performing hard reset will erase your data.
To hard reset:
1. Turn off your tablet.
2. Press and Hold VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + Power button. Release the power Button only when the tablet power up. Just wait until the Android Robot appear.
3. To activate Android System Recovery, press VOLUME UP and POWER button simultaneously. Keep pressing until the Android System Recovery appear.
4. Select wipe / factory reset, press Volume rocker to navigate and press the Power Button to confirm your selection.
4. Reboot your tablet.
Note: If performing hard reset did not succeed, you need to wipe the cache first in the android system recovery before performing wipe / factory reset.
I hope this tutorial helps you.. If you have any question just drop a comment.