Just Another Gadget Blog

Breaking

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

MyPhone My28s a budget friendly device powered by SMART






Hey guys,

First of all this is the first time I will include a review on my blog. This device is from MyPhone, it is the MyPhone My28s. I got it from SMART for only 888 pesos only. It is locked to SMART network. It also comes with 2 SIM card. There is one SMART Buddy SIM and the other one is a Talk N Text SIM card. SMART Buddy SIM is for Data and Talk N Text is for free text.

I bought it for my son for his gaming and viewing (YouTube) pleasure. For an affordable price it is a great device. Only the cons is the battery life which is not a deal breaker for me.




THE SPECS

4 inch LCD with 480x800 resolution
1.2 Ghz Quad Core Sptreadtrum Processor
Mali-400mp GPU
4GB On-board Storage Expandable via MicroSd Card up to 32GB
512MB of RAM
Dual SIM - 1 Standard SIM and 1 MicroSIM (Pre-Installed)
5MP Back Camera with LED Flash
2MP Front Facing Camera with LED Flash
Android OS 5.1 "Lollipop"
Bluetooth 4.0
Up to HSDPA supported Internet Speed



UPDATE: Smart does not offer Cash on Delivery anymore if you are going to buy this phone. You can still pay using DragonPay if you don't have a credit card. The device now cost 988 pesos which is available in black as I ordered another phone for my friend and also comes up with 100 pesos load (limited batman edition prepaid card)

THE CAMERA


I am not expert in camera but for an affordable price don't expect to have an outstanding results from its camera. The back camera has 5MP camera resolution coupled with LED flash for taking pictures in low light. The LED flash can also use as a torch in case of power interruption in your city. You also have 2MP front facing camera with LED flash for taking selfie pictures in the dark :D. 

Here are some photos taken with the back camera








GAMING PERFORMANCE
I'm not really into gaming but I've tried to play Age of Wushu which is a graphic intensive game, you can notice a lag while starting up the game, but once the game started the game is playable. Expect lag when the hero is making skill and other hero is performing skill.

Light games are OK to play there is no lag at all. I played Angry Birds, Monster Shooter, Fruit Ninja and Candy Crush. Yes I did not tried COC but I can assure you that it is fully working with this phone. You can also ask at Facebook Group for any games that I have not tried. My28S community is friendly ;)

BATTERY LIFE

With its miniscule battery it will last a day if you use the phone moderately. But if you are playing games it can only last 1.5 - 2 hours. Using mobile data will kill the battery as the phone heats up too much like you are frying your hands :). It is advisable to use WiFi as WiFi consumes less battery.

CONCLUSION


If you are planning to buy a smartphone that is "SULIT". This would be your smartphone of choice. Great device for those who are studying which can help on researching and also for social media consumption. This device is better than Cherry Mobile C100/Cherry Mobile Astro/Cherry Mobile C200/Cherry Mobile Comet/Cherry Mobile B100 which offers limited internal storage and cost more and outdated OS (Jellybean and Kitkat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages