I thought this tablet does not have a way to hard reset or factory reset, but after 30 minutes I found a way to hard reset / factory reset it. Cherry Mobile Superion Probe has a FASTBOOT mode, you read it right FASTBOOT mode. You may never notice it but it has. After 30 minutes of fiddling the tablet I found the key to enter in the FASTBOOT mode.
I manage to wipe the tablet in WINDOWS first, but after rebooting the tablet it does not properly boot up it is just keep on rebooting in cherry mobile logo and android logo. What I did is that I tried to wipe it in Linux. And after rebooting and rebooted successfully into its normal state.
SO here is the procedure on how to factory reset your Cherry Mobile Superion Probe.
Download this file first and extract it
NOTE: TRY WINDOWS MODE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AS I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED THE TABLET IN LINUX OS.
1. Turn off your Tablet
2. Press Volume DOWN and Insert USB Cable
3. You will notice that it is stuck in Superion Probe Logo, that is the FASTBOOT mode.
4. Go to adb-fastboot-win folder that you downloaded and extracted
5. Open commandprompt.bat
6. Execute this command
7. After rebooting cherry mobile boot tones. If you did not hear it, it will keep on rebooting but don't worry just head to Linux tutorial below.
First you need to update your package manager and download fastboot tools in android.
Here is how to download it
1. Open terminal emulator or press this ctrl + alt + T and it will open up Terminal, this is for Ubuntu, Lubuntu command that I have tried.
2. Then in terminal type the following command
sudo apt-get update3. After installing it enter FASTBOOT mode in your tablet.
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot
4. Go to terminal again and execute this command
sudo fastboot -w5. Wait for it to reboot, you will hear the cherry mobile boot power up tones. Smile you can now use your tablet :)
sudo fastboot reboot
If you find this tutorial useful, a simple thank you in comment box will suffice :)