This is an alternative way to factory reset your O+ 8.31 without android system recovery. Sometimes this phone does not come up with android system recovery.
We need to use PC to factory reset your phone. Because this phone does not have an android system recovery. But the alternative for that is the fastboot mode.
You can do this in Windows and Linux OS.
First you need to download a file.
1. ADB Fastboot Driver --> Download Here
2. ADB Fastboot Tools -- >Download Here
After Downloading all the files. And install first the driver.
Hard resetting / factory resetting your phone will solve the following issues:
1. If you forgot your pattern lock
2. If you forgot your gmail account
3. If you forgot your password
4. Apps that automatically force closing
5. Stuck in Logo Only (sometimes does not work if the firmware is totally damage)
NOTE: Performing hard reset / factory reset will erase your data.
Using fastboot command.
1.Turn off your phone
2. Press and Hold Volume Down and Power button together
3. A fastboot word in your phone will appear
4. Connect your phone in the PC via USB, the driver will automatically install
5. Go to the file that you extracted and look for commandprompt.bat
6. In command prompt type this two command below
7. Wait for your phone to reboot properly.
First you need to update your package manager and download fastboot tools for android.
Here is how to download it
1. Open terminal or press this ctrl + alt + T and it will open
up Terminal, this is for Ubuntu, Lubuntu command that I have tried.
2. Then in terminal type the following command
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot
3. After installing it enter FASTBOOT mode in your phone.
4. Go to terminal again and execute this command
sudo fastboot -w
sudo fastboot reboot
NOTE: In linux you can only install android-tools-xxxxxx in Ubuntu 13.04 and above version same as with Debian base distro you can only install it in Debian 7.
I hope this tutorial helps you. If you have any questions just drop a commend below.