This tutorial will root your Samsung Galaxy Star S5280. This is flashing method via Odin. This is a safe method
You need to root your phone if you want to unlock/openline your, also if you would like to grant some application a permission to access root or system folder.
You need to download several files including the firmware
Odin --> Odin 3.07
Root File -- >Download Here
Samsung Driver -- > SamsungDriver
"Extract these files in your desired folder"
SKIP Installing driver if you already have the driver in your PC.
Installing the driver
1. Install driver first just keep on hitting next.
2. After installing the driver Press and Hold Volume Down + Home Key + Power Button, a selection will appear if you would like to go in Download Mode, Press Volume Up to proceed in Download Mode.
3. Connect your phone in the PC via USB Cable
4. Wait for it to finish installing the driver.
"Note: Sometimes it is better to reboot your PC. After installing the driver."
Flashing your Phone
1. Open Odin 3.07
2. Load the root file in PDA.
PDA --> ROOT_S5280XXAME4.tar
3. When you are ready to flash your phone, Press and Hold Volume Down + Home Key + Power Button, a selection will appear if you would like to go in Download Mode, Press Volume Up to proceed in Download Mode.
4. Connect your phone in the PC via USB Cable, wait for a value in the ID:COM to appear. It will turn yellow with number example: COM32
5. Press START to proceed flashing your phone. Wait until it is done, the phone will reboot after flashing.
To check if you have successfully root your phone. Download root checker in Playstore.
I hope this tutorial help you. Drop a comment if there is something is not clear to you. Cheers! ^_^